The Beringer Plating, Co. was established in 1953 by J.L. Beringer and operated as a division of Pyrosil, Inc. until 1955. Needing more space, the plant moved into a 5,000 sq. ft. building on Tallmadge Ave. and expanded services to include zinc, cadmium and copper plating. The business grew fast and in 1964 moved into its newly constructed building at 1211 DeValera Ave. Here, larger manual lines were installed for plating, phosphating, passivating and copper bright finish.
By about 1967, a 5,000 sq.’ addition was added to accommodate Summit County’s first fully automatic production machines for cadmium and zinc plating. James Beringer Jr. joined the fast pace operation in 1973 and took over management of the company in 1993. Today, with “state of the art” laboratory water treatment and production equipment, our skilled workforce is serving well over 100 accounts within Ohio and surrounding states.
1211 Devalera Avenue Akron, Ohio 44310